Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Third Time's a charm...or maybe not....


It all starts like this....a piece of paper and an idea. 

 Then the hard part.....figuring out how to make it fit. 
I tried some of my rusty math skills and after 2 misguided attempts, I thought I had it solved.  
To my dismay, it was too big. 
Way too small, too small, and way to big.......
so....the 4th time was the charm.  
Here is the beautiful Nine-patch center to my Album Star block for the 
 Spring Fling Shop Hop coming up the end of March.
And finally, my completed Album Star block!!  WooHoo!!  Love it!! 
 Fabrics are from a brand new line that we just received last week from Moda, 
Papillion designed by 3 sisters.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I love the color of your cutting mat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I was pleased with how it turned out....I still didn't get the nine-patch perfect but it fits semi-close. I tried 2"squares in the Nine and then 1-7/8"s, one was way to big and the other is just a little shy.... Oh well! =) The mat is cool -- present from Moda for Christmas last year for spending what seems like a million dollars with them. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. See if this works: copy the text for the button you want to add, sign into your blog and go to “layout”, where it says add a gadget on the right hand side, click on “add a gadget”. It will take you to a menu. Scroll down and click on the red “+” sign next to “HTML/Java script”. Paste this text there. It was good seeing you all today. Sorry we were in such a hurry, today. We will be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! Worked like a charm! =) WooHoo!! So excited! =) Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Yeah!!!!! Now take some photos and get busy!

    ReplyDelete